My BMX Bike, 2011 Diamondback NNY
I got this bike quite some time ago, it’s lasted me well with a few additional bits it’s lasted even longer. I got this for a puerile want of a freecoaster and hadn’t ever owned one so I thought it’d be fun, it was… It came pre-2011 as the spec’d model to sell form it was a good bargain
The original spec;
- Tubular 4130 chromo 3 piece crank on Affix Mid Bush BB with Affix Artis pedals
- 25T sprocket with 9T Affix Kronos freecoaster hub
- Rear U brake with soft compound pad and front caliper brake with alloy levers
- Front 10mm hub and rear 14mm Affix Kronos freecoaster hub on doublewall alloy rims with KHE MAC2 street tyres.
- Affix system stem with 2 piece butted handlebar 8.2” rise 28.8” width
- KHE Loyal saddle and post with custom DB graphics
- Diamondback/KHE collaboration: Full 4130 Butted chromoly street frame, butted chromoly forks
- Top tube: 20.5“
- C/stay: 14.5“
- Weight: 22.5lbs
So what’s still on it…
Let’s start with what’s not, the bars and lever were the first to go, replaced with a trusted Shimano XTR r/h V-Brake lever (I know, I know…) and a full size set of S&M Perfect 10 Handlebars. Next, pedals. Plastic crap that failed as quickly as expected upgraded to an old pair of Shimano DX Platform Pedals, running strong after about 10years.
The Cranks have also been worn through, in fact these were’ the first to really go! The original bearings failed, so a new B/B for the old Profile Racing Cranks and on they went… (these good old cranks have done the rounds, they’ve been on at least four bikes now over the last 15 years)
New KMC chain and chainring followed shortly…
Lizard Skin Grips
New Saddle and Pivotal post
Kenda Front Dirt Tyre
While many of our customers delight in spending a weekend diligently tweaking, overhauling or repairing their bicycles, many riders do not have the time, the tools or the inclination to do it themselves. If this sounds like you, why not pop your bike into the shop for a free safety checkover so we can discuss your service requirements.
SHOP & MARKETPLACE
Search a huge collection of new and used bikes, accessories, components, clothes and safety equipment.