REVELL Ritmo Tourer 22″ – Vintage Road Bike 27×1-1/4″
Customer Re-Build on a Refurbished Frameset
- 22" / 56cm Frame Size
- 27×1-1/4″ Wheel Size
Refurbished Vintage Road Bike, Originally built up in the early 80's most parts were in a poor state of repair. Fully Resprayed Frame & Forks, all alloy components have been polished to a high standard, the rebuilt wheels with new Sapim spokes, serviced throughout spin smooth and true.
Reynolds 531 Butted Frame and Forks Tube Set, The frame is 531c throughout with fork blade stickers as well as on the seat tube. It’s a super mid 80s lightweight.
Revell bikes were produced by Madison Cycles (before they became the huge concern that they are today) and the frames were built for them by some of the most illustrious frame builders of the day – Mercian Cycles and Dave Yates definitely made some although I cannot say for sure who made this one. The bikes were then built up by Madison using only the best components around and sold predominantly through the famous Freewheel catalogue as well as some London bike shops.
It was a great time, when interest in cycling was really booming for the first time since WW2. Touring was a big part of that, and the company was keen to create something to match the classic tourers – Mercian, Dawes Galaxy, etc etc.
Revell bikes were produced by Madison Cycles, Beta Bikes became Madison / Freewheel Catalogue, London NW6. used to sell the Revell Mixte, Ritmo, Rapide & Romany tourer. and is now Cycle Surgery. These frames were perportedly made by either Mercian or Coventry Eagle, some were made by Dave Yates all of which have decent reputation for making great bikes.
22″ / 56cm Frame Size
- TF Blumfield Ltd Racelite Rear 36h & Duralite Front (with greaseport) 32h Hubs
- Sapim Laser 2/1.5 Double Butted Spokes with Brass Nipples
- Weinmann 27 x 1-1/4″ Alloy Rims 36/32H – Presta valve hole.
- Raleigh T1241 Amber Wall Tyres 27 x 1 1/4″ (32-630)
- Shimano 600EX Arabesque Down-tube Shifters and Derialleurs – 2 x 5 or 10 Speed
- Stronglight 49 Double Chainset 38/50 170mm with Alloy Dust Dovers
- Regina ORO 5 Speed Freewheel
- Vintage 5/6 Speed Non-Indexed Chain
- Leda Polioshed Stainless Steel Chainstay Guard
- Miche / MKS Sylvan Touring Pedals with Brevete Christophe Steel Toe Clips and Leather Straps
- Madison Selle Royal Padded Saddle with Bag loops
- Campagnolo Nuovo Record Seat Post 1st Gen Twin-bolt Seatpost 27.2mm
- Allen Key Pinch Bolt Height Adjustment
- Cinelli Alloy Drop Bar Handlebars and
- Cinelli 1A Quill Stem
- Galli Criterium Single Pivot Brake Calipers with Cable release,
- Galli Drilled Levers
- Dia-Compe Lever Hoods in Gum
- VeloX Guidoline Perforated Soft Grip Leather look Handlebar Tape with Chrome end plugs
- Tange Allez Threaded 1″ Headset
- White Cable Set, with high quality Stainless Steel Inner Cables.
- Full Mudguards, with stays and reflectors
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.